Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 14th July 2021
TK Maxx and Homesense are owned and operated by TJX UK, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX UK is registered in England and Wales. Registration Number 3094828. VAT Registration Number 662563524. Registered address 73 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX UK from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX UK
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Conditions of Making an Online Purchase
You may purchase certain goods online at tkmaxx.com. Please see our Delivery information for details of delivery charges and restrictions. The delivery times given are estimated and from time to time may be affected by events outside our control, for example inclement weather or postal strikes, for which we will not be responsible.
For the Free Standard Delivery on orders of over £75 or more, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time and standard restrictions apply.
By placing an order online you make an offer to purchase in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. We will acknowledge receipt of your order both online and via an email order confirmation but this does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase. Your offer has been accepted only when we have confirmed that the order has been dispatched. Payment is taken at the point of despatch.
You can return items within 28 days of receipt. Please see our Returns Policy for exclusions, conditions and method of return.
We always aim to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices appearing on this website are accurate, but from time to time errors may occur. While we try to accurately represent the colour of an item in our photography representation of the item may be affected by the settings of the computer on which it is viewed.
Where we have made an error in the price of an item on our site we reserve the right to withdraw this item from sale at this price and present it at the correct price. If you have placed an order at the incorrect price, we will inform you of the error and give you the opportunity to confirm your order at the correct price, or cancel the order.
All items sold are subject to availability and while every effort is made to fulfil your order, products turn over very quickly in our warehouse and on rare occasions the item you require may not be available although you have received a confirmation of your order. We will advise you by email if we have to cancel your order for this reason, and no payment will be taken.
All prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs are charged in addition to the product price and included in the total cost. Any additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the total cost.
If you are paying by credit or debit card, we will carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your card upon receiving your order to ensure there are sufficient funds to settle the transaction. Goods will not be despatched until the pre-authorisation check is complete.
We will charge your card only when your goods are despatched. Your credit card company may allocate funds from your card before we make this charge.
If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not a business) you have the right to cancel your contract with us and receive a full refund. You have 14 days from the day on which you receive your order to notify us that you wish to cancel, and you may do so by writing to us at email@example.com If you receive the items from your order on different days, this cancellation period shall end 14 days after the day on which you receive the final item of your order. You must then return your order in full without delay, either by post (at your own cost and risk), or to store (at no cost). All goods contained in your order must be returned in their original condition (together with all packaging and labelling), and show no signs of use or damage. We reserve the right to refuse a refund if the goods do not meet this standard.
If you receive the items from your order on different days, this cancellation period shall end 14 days after the day on which you receive the final item of your order). You must then return your order in full without delay, either by post at your own cost and risk, or to store at no cost. All goods contained in your order must be returned in their original condition, together with all packaging and labelling, and show no signs of use or damage. We reserve the right to refuse a refund if the goods do not meet this standard.
If your contract is cancelled in full, we will provide you with a refund for the item(s) within 14 days of our receipt. If you have paid a delivery charge, we will also refund the standard delivery charge to you. Please note, if you have used one of our quicker delivery options we will only refund the standard delivery charge.
This right does not apply to perishable items, customised goods and items that are sealed for personal hygiene reasons where they have been unsealed, including jewellery worn in a piercing.
Gift cards for use in TK Maxx and/or Homesense can be purchased in both TK Maxx and Homesense stores, at selected third party retail stores, and online. eGift cards or digital gift cards can be purchased from selected third party retailers.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can be used at any TK Maxx or Homesense store in the UK and online at tkmaxx.com. A TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card can only be used in the country in which that gift card, eGift card or digital gift card was purchased. You may only redeem your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card in GB pounds sterling.
2. There are two types of gift card that could be issued to you: (a) an open value gift card; and (b) a specified value gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it from time to time so that at any one time the maximum credit value that can be registered on that gift card could be £999.99. A specified value card has a fixed amount of credit applied to it when it is purchased and further amounts of credit cannot be added once it has been purchased. You can ask in store what type of gift card, eGift card or digital gift card you hold if you are not sure.
3. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise in TK Maxx and/or Homesense and cannot be used to purchase other TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards. No more than five TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, or eGift cards, or digital gift cards can be used together in any one transaction. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash at TK Maxx and/or Homesense.
4. You should treat your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card as cash; you are solely responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards will not be replaced. The TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
5. Purchases made with a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card will be deducted from the balance of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card (as applicable) until the balance reaches zero credit (£0.00). No change can be given for purchases where the value of the goods bought is less than the value of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card. Any remaining balance will be updated after each transaction and will stay on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card for future purchases. If the purchase price of the goods exceeds the amount of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card, the remaining cost of the goods to be purchased can be settled via another accepted payment method.
6. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards have no expiry date. The eGift card or digital gift card may be issued with an expiry date and the expiry terms should be confirmed with the retailer supplying that eGift card or digital gift card.
7. You can check the balance on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card in store or online at www.tkmaxx.com and/or at www.homesense.com.
8. The cost of anything you buy with the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card and return to store (in accordance with the TK Maxx and Homesense Returns Policy) will be refunded to a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card. If you made your purchase using an eGift card or digital gift card you will receive a new TK Maxx/ Homesense gift card with a credit value equal to the value of the goods that you are returning. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
9. The funds on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme.
10. We may amend the terms and conditions of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. This does not affect your legal rights.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards purchased online, please see our gift card order page.
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense e-gift cards purchased online, please see our gift card order page.
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX UK. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX UK, TK Maxx, Homesense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX UK, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part