- It is very easy to return something you have bought in store. Return your purchase to us in store within 28 days of purchase with a receipt as proof of purchase for a refund. Gift receipts can be used to return an item for an exchange or gift card but not for a refund.
- Merchandise must be unused, have all tags attached and be in its original condition (including packaging and labelling). If you use the goods or remove or tamper with any of the tags attached to the goods, you will lose your right to return the goods under our returns policy.
- Unless faulty, we are unable to offer an exchange or refund on pierced jewellery.
- Gift cards purchased online are subject to separate terms and conditions.
- The above policy does not affect your statutory rights including your rights in relation to faulty goods.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
Normal conditions of return apply:
- Return your purchase to us within 28 days of dispatch of your order either in store or by post (see details below) with your despatch note as proof of purchase for a refund.
- Items purchased as gifts can be exchanged for either goods or a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card to the same value.
- All goods which you are returning must be unused, have all tags attached and be in their original condition (including packaging and labelling). If you use the goods or remove or tamper with any of the tags attached to the goods, you will lose your right to return the goods under our returns policy.
- Unless faulty, we are unable to offer an exchange or refund on:
- jewellery worn in a piercing
- items that are sealed for personal hygiene reasons where they have been unsealed
- Gift cards purchased online are subject to separate terms and conditions. Please see https://www.voucherexpress.net/TKMaxx/ByEmail/TJX/TermsAndConditions for details.
- Delivery and return costs are not refundable.
- The above policy does not affect your statutory rights including your rights in relation to faulty goods or your right to cancel orders made online. If you wish to exercise your cancellation rights please see the "Statutory Right to Cancel" section below.
This is the quickest and easiest way to return something (and it’s free).
- Make sure you have your despatch note with you as the store will be unable to deal with your return without it.
- If you want a refund and you paid by a credit or debit card, take the card you used to buy it as we can refund to that card only.
- If you paid by eVoucher you will receive store credit or a gift card.
- TK Maxx items cannot be returned to HomeSense stores and must be returned to TK Maxx stores in the UK only.
If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not a business) you have the right to cancel your contract with us and receive a full refund. You have 14 days from the day on which you receive your order to notify us that you wish to cancel, and you may do so by writing to us at email@example.com. If you receive the items from your order on different days, this cancellation period shall end 14 days after the day on which you receive the final item of your order). You must then return your order in full without delay, either by post (at your own cost and risk), or to store (at no cost). All goods contained in your order must be returned in their original condition (together with all packaging and labelling), and show no signs of use or damage. We reserve the right to refuse a refund if the goods do not meet this standard.
If your contract is cancelled in full, we will provide you with a refund for the item(s) within 14 days of our receipt. If you have paid a delivery charge, we will also refund the standard delivery charge to you. Please note, if you have used one of our quicker delivery options we will only refund the standard delivery charge.
This right does not apply to perishable items, customised goods and items that are sealed for personal hygiene reasons where they have been unsealed, including jewellery worn in a piercing.
*Please note: Postal returns are only for items bought online
Complete the returns form on your despatch note and include it with the item. If you no longer have the despatch note, put the following information on a piece of paper and include it with the item:
- Name, Billing address and a contact telephone number
- Email address (the one you use to log on to your account with TK Maxx)
- Order number (you can get this by logging on to your account)
- Description of the product
- Reason for return using the following codes:
- Arrived too late
- Unwanted gift
- Doesn't fit
Repack the item as securely as possible and send it to:TK Maxx Returns
DHL Supply Chain
Returns sent by post are at your own cost. Make sure you obtain a free stamped Proof of Postage from the Post Office as we are not responsible for items that are lost in transit or damaged on their way back to us.
Your refund will normally be processed within 7 working days of receiving your return but it may take slightly longer to appear on your bank statement. We will refund the cost of the item, but not the postage costs or delivery charges unless the item was found to be faulty. This does not affect your legal or statutory rights and is subject to your right of cancellation.
Certain items cannot be returned to our stores. This will be highlighted on your despatch note in the "Return to store?" column.
We offer two alternatives for the return of these items:
- Jewellery items can be returned to stores with a designated jewellery counter. You will need to take your despatch note with you. Please contact our Customer Service team if you are not sure if your local store has a jewellery counter. If you do not have access to a store with a jewellery counter, please select the below alternative to return your jewellery. We are unable to accept the return of pierced jewellery. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- You can return the item by post to:
DHL Supply Chain
Please contact our Customer Service team with your postage receipt for reimbursement of the return postage costs. NB: this applies only to items which we say cannot be returned to our stores.
We're sorry but we can't offer an exchange as part of our returns process for items purchased online.
If you are returning something and need the same product in a different size or colour, or simply a replacement product, you need to place a new order online for the item you require. Your new order will be sent to you directly and we will process your return according to our returns policy as soon as we receive it.
If you are taking advantage of our free returns to store, you can always use the credit from the item you are returning to buy other items directly in store.
If something you buy turns out to be faulty we recommend you take it back to store if possible so we can review the item and assess the fault. Otherwise we recommend you contact our Customer Service team in advance on 01923 473561 to discuss the best way to proceed.
If the item is faulty we will give you a refund or exchange the item if possible. If the item is not faulty but has suffered from excessive wear and tear, misuse or malicious damage, we will discuss the situation with you. We will not be able to offer a refund in such cases.
Items classified as pre-loved are not in ‘new’ condition. The handbag may exhibit signs of wear and use (for example small marks, scratches). The interior of the handbags may have slight stains or spots and the leather may show signs of creasing and/or patina especially at corners or at the bottom of the bag.
If you change your mind, no problem - you can return for a refund (in line with our usual returns policy for goods) within 28 days of the despatch note provided the goods are in a fully re-saleable condition (which for pre-loved goods means in the same condition that you received the goods). This does not affect your statutory rights. If you have purchased the item online it must be returned to the distribution centre, as these items will not be accepted in store.
Items should be returned with the original packaging (e.g. boxes) and the tags must still be attached. Where provided, the original authenticity stickers and authenticity cards must be included with your return in order to receive a refund. If you use the goods or remove or tamper with any of the original stickers or tags attached to the goods, you will lose your right to return the goods under our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you change your mind, no problem – you can return your purchase within 28 days of the dispatch provided it is in fully re-sellable condition. Please do not return to store. We provide free returns with DPD collection. Complete the returns label (included in your delivery), attach it to your parcel and book in a free collection at one of the many DPD collection points. Visit dpd.co.uk/pickuplocator to find your nearest pick up shop and drop off your parcel. You will be given a receipt so you can track it.
The prints should be returned in the original packaging and be in a fully re-sellable condition. . The original collectors certificate should be included in order to receive a full refund. This offer does not affect your statutory rights.