Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 22nd May 2015
TK Maxx and HomeSense are owned and operated by TJX UK, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX UK is registered in England and Wales. Registration Number 3094828. VAT Registration Number 662563524. Registered address 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX UK from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX UK
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Conditions of Making an Online Purchase
You may purchase certain goods online at tkmaxx.com. Please see our Delivery information for details of delivery charges and restrictions. The delivery times given are estimated and from time to time may be affected by events outside our control, for example inclement weather or postal strikes, for which we will not be responsible.
For the Free Standard Delivery on orders of over £50 or more, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time and standard restrictions apply.
By placing an order online you make an offer to purchase in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. We will acknowledge receipt of your order both online and via an email order confirmation but this does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase. Your offer has been accepted only when we have confirmed that the order has been dispatched. Payment is taken at the point of despatch.
You can return items within 28 days of receipt. Please see our Returns Policy for exclusions, conditions and method of return.
Presentation, pricing and availability of goods
We always aim to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices appearing on this website are accurate, but from time to time errors may occur. While we try to accurately represent the colour of an item in our photography representation of the item may be affected by the settings of the computer on which it is viewed.
Where we have made an error in the price of an item on our site we reserve the right to withdraw this item from sale at this price and present it at the correct price. If you have placed an order at the incorrect price, we will inform you of the error and give you the opportunity to confirm your order at the correct price, or cancel the order.
All items sold are subject to availability and while every effort is made to fulfil your order, products turn over very quickly in our warehouse and on rare occasions the item you require may not be available although you have received a confirmation of your order. We will advise you by email if we have to cancel your order for this reason, and no payment will be taken.
All prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs are charged in addition to the product price and included in the total cost. Any additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the total cost.
If you are paying by credit or debit card, we will carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your card upon receiving your order to ensure there are sufficient funds to settle the transaction. Goods will not be despatched until the pre-authorisation check is complete.
We will charge your card only when your goods are despatched. Your credit card company may allocate funds from your card before we make this charge.
Right of Cancellation
If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not purchasing either wholly or in part for your business, or you are not a business) you have the right under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations to cancel the contract and receive a full refund in respect of all goods purchased except perishable items and customised goods. You have fourteen (14) calendar days starting on the day after you receive the goods, to cancel your contract in writing to us at TK Maxx, Customer Service, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX or by email to email@example.com, following which you must return your order in full.
Any return made by post is at your own cost and risk. Details of how to return by post can be found here. You can also return these items to store at no cost. Details of how to return to store can be found here. Before returning the items to us, you have a legal obligation to keep the goods in your possession and take reasonable care of them. If you do not do this, we may have a claim against you for compensation. If your contract is cancelled in this way we will refund any payment made when ordering, including standard delivery charges, within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the returned goods. Once the goods have been returned, a refund for the agreed amount will be credited to the original method of payment.
Gift cards can be purchased in store and online for TK Maxx and HomeSense.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. TK Maxx gift cards can be used in TK Maxx and HomeSense stores. A gift card can only be used in the country in which it was purchased.
2. There are two types of gift card. An open value card remains open and further amounts can be added to it at any time up to a maximum value of £999.99. A specified value card has a fixed amount when purchased and further amounts cannot be added. Ask in store if you are not sure which gift card you have.
3. Gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise. No more than five gift cards can be used in one transaction. Gift cards purchased in store cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
4. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
5. Purchases made with a gift card will be deducted from the balance until it reaches zero. No change will be given so the remaining balance will stay on the gift card and can be spent on future purchases. If the purchase price exceeds the amount available to spend on the gift card, the remaining balance can be settled via another accepted payment method. You can check your balance in store or online at www.tkmaxx.com
6. The cost of anything you buy with the gift card and return to store in accordance with the TK Maxx and HomeSense Returns Policy will be refunded to the gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
7. Gift cards cannot currently be used to make purchases online.
8. The funds on your gift card are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for gift cards purchased online please see our gift card order page.
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
Linking to this website
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX UK. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX UK, TK Maxx, HomeSense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX UK, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
Submission and uploading material to our website
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX UK will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions. Further, TK Maxx shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX UK shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TK Maxx will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX UK does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX UK makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX UK's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX UK's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely ressembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX UK will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX UK provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX UK and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX UK. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX UK.
Terms and Conditions for Promotions and Competitions
Free Delivery 22 May 2015 – 26 May 2015
Free standard delivery on all orders. Offer applies from 10:00 on Friday 22 May until 10:00 Tuesday 26 May on www.tkmaxx.com. All orders placed during the offer period will receive free standard delivery.
TJX reserves the right not to apply discount where it suspects fraudulent use. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or multiple offer. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent
Monthly Promotion Terms and Conditions – Hot@rrivals
Promoter: TJX UK (trading as "TK Maxx") 50 Clarendon Road, Watford WD17 1TX. Do not post to this address.
- Prize Draw open to UK residents aged over 16, excluding employees or an immediate family member of an employee of TK Maxx or any other person who is directly connected with this promotion.
- To enter, you need to sign up for the hot@arrivals email newsletters and you will be automatically entered into the next available draw.
- Entry into the promotion is on the understanding and the acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a prize being forfeited.
- The Top Prize: The Top Prize: Every month one person will win a £500 TK Maxx Gift Card. Entrants must be aware that in taking up the Top Prize, the winner is subject to the terms and conditions relating to TK Maxx Gift Cards provided at http://www.voucherexpress.co.uk/VERSE/Tkmaxx/poptermsconditions.html
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Entries must be made via the website and are restricted to only one entry per person, per household. More than one entry or entry via third parties will not be accepted.
- The winners will be selected in a random draw conducted within 8 days beginning from the last day of each month and under the supervision of an independent promotional verification service.
- Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw date and the prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days beginning the day after the notification is sent and/or made.
- No cash or other alternative in part or full will be offered in lieu of the specified prizes. Prizes are not transferable.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries which are illegible or lost or lost or delayed via technical problems. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of entry.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage, costs or expenses (whether direct, indirect or consequential) suffered by a prize winner or others, as a result of prizes awarded under this promotion. The prizes are taken up at the prize winners own risk.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate the content of the promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel, modify or offer an alternative prize if, in our sole discretion, the prize is not capable of being issued.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity associated with this promotion.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law. The data collected from the entry form will be collected and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Promoter may use the data collected for the purposes of sending you marketing on sales and promotions held by the Promoter, subject to your consent. The data will not be disclosed by the Promoter to any other organisation that is not associated with the Promoter. For more on our data collection practices, please see our Terms and Conditions, and our Privacy Notice available at www.tkmaxx.com, or visit the Customer Service desk at any of our stores to obtain a printed copy of these policies.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding on all matters. Correspondence will not be entered into. Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
Monthly Promotion Terms and Conditions – Friends of HomeSense
- To enter, you need to sign up to become a friend of HomeSense and you will be automatically entered into the next available draw. The Prize Draw is a monthly drawing from all entries made during the preceding month that began accruing the time of the previous draw (on or around the end of the end of previous month). Entries from previous draws shall not be entered into the following month's draw. One entry per person. By entering the Prize Draw, all entrants are deemed to have understood and accepted and be bound by these Rules. Please retain these Rules for future reference.
- Eligibility: All entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of prize acceptance and must be UK residents. If the winner is a minor (under 18 years of age), the winner's parent or legal guardian will be required to sign a consent agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Employees of TJX UK, associated companies and those involved in the Prize Draw and their family members are not eligible to enter. All applicable laws and regulations apply. All entry forms must be complete to be eligible. Photocopies or other substitutes of entry forms will not be accepted.
- Drawing: One (1) winner per monthly draw will be selected on or around the 18th of the following month in a random drawing conducted from all eligible entries for such month and under the supervision of an independent promotional verification service. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Each prize winner will be notified by email after the 19th of the applicable month. If HomeSense is unable to contact a winner after reasonable efforts to do so, another prize winner will be selected at random according to these Prize Draw Rules. The decision of the promoter is final and binding on all matters.
- Prize: Every month the winner shall receive £500 Gift Card redeemable in all HomeSense stores located in the UK. The prize is not transferable and no cash or other alternative in part or full is available. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Upon delivery of the prize to the winners, each winner assumes all risk of loss for their prize. The promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel, modify or offer an alternative prize if in our sole discretion, the prize is not capable of being issued.
- Additional Rules: No correspondence will be entered into concerning the Prize Draw. Winners' names and their counties will be available on request by sending a SAE to the Marketing Secretary, TJX UK, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 1TX. HomeSense reserves the right to feature the name, photograph and location of each winner in future publicity material including internet websites.
TK Maxx Be in our Ad Competition
- This promotion (“Promotion”) is only open to residents of the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Poland and Germany who are aged 8 or over excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion. Entrants under the age of 18 will need permission of a parent or guardian to participate in the Promotion.
- If entrants are under the age of 18 are asked to participate in Stage 2 (see Clause 14) or selected as a winner, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion runs from 00:01 on 5th June 2014 until 23:59 on 12th June 2014. Within this period, there will be 2 stages; (see Clause 14 for further details).
- No purchase necessary, however internet access is required for email and on-line entries and a valid Facebook account will be required if you enter via Facebook.
- Maximum of one entry per person throughout the Promotion Period. All other entries shall be void.
To Enter: There are three ways to enter this Promotion:
- Log into your Facebook account (or create a new account), visit www.facebook.com/TKMAXX and Like the page. Then, visit the “Be in our ad” tab, follow the instructions on the page and upload a video of you describing yourself in 3 words and telling us about your clothing style and your hobbies and interests; or
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a video of you describing yourself in 3 words and telling us about your clothing style and your hobbies and interests. The email attachments must not be larger than 20MB in size; or
- Visit any of the Participating TK Maxx retail stores (see Clause 9 for full list) on the dates below and see a member of the casting crew. You will then be filmed as you describe yourself in 3 words and telling us about your clothing style and your hobbies and interests. You will also be asked to fill in a form with your personal details including your phone number and email address.
- Further entry details:
- As a condition of your entry, you must sign up to these terms and conditions (these “Terms”).
- Videos must be no longer than 7 minutes.
- Entrants must only submit videos that are their own work;
- Entrants must not upload videos which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by TK Maxx, HomeSense or any other entity; and
- Entrants must only upload images that do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights.
- Please ensure you are free to participate in Stage 2 (as detailed in Clause 14) if you are selected as a shortlisted entrant.
Republic of Ireland:
Date Region Address
6th June 2014
Store C, First Floor, The Pavilions, Swords
7th June 2014
Unit 8 Parkway Retail Park, Childers Road
8th June 2014
Store C, First Floor, The Pavilions, Swords
Date Region Address
5th June 2014
High Street Kensington
26-40 Kensington High Street W8 4PF
7th June 2014
Bishops Palace House, 2 Clarence Street KT1 1PB
9th June 2014
11 Northumberland Street Newcastle NE1 7AL
9th June 2014
Unit 6, Leyton Mills Retail Park, Marshall Road, London,E10 5NH
10th June 2014
440 Brixton Road London SW9 8BH
10th June 2014
172-174 High Street SW12 9BW
11th June 2014
Brighton North Street
36-37 North Street, BN1 1EB, Brighton
11th June 2014
St Johns Road London SW11 1QN
Date Region Address
6th and 9th June 2014
Marszalkowska 104/122 Street
7th June 2014
Arcubiskupa Antoniego Braniaka 8 Street
Date Region Address
6th and 10th June 2014
Wilmersdorfer Str. 105, 10627 Berlin
6th and 10th June 2014
Neumarkt 8-10, 50667 Köln
The above list is not exhaustive and the Promoter may add other dates and participating stores.
- All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
- The Prize: At least 6 winners in total (and possibly more) across all participating countries will win the opportunity to appear in a TV advert for TK Maxx. This will involve participating in a film shoot somewhere in Europe of at least 5 days, between 28th June 2014 and 10th July 2014. Return economy flights and accommodation (single room) plus reasonable expenses for food are included. Dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Promoter. No alternatives will be available. Please see Clause 16 for further details.
- Runners Up Prizes: Each of the non-winning Shortlisted Entrants will receive 1 x £100 TK Maxx gift card each. There is no cash alternative for the gift card. Gift cards are non-transferable and non-refundable issue and subject to terms and conditions available at: http://www.tkmaxx.com/terms-and-conditions/page/terms
- The promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control.
Stage 1: All valid entries received in Stage 1 will be judged by a panel of judges containing at least one member who is independent from the Promoter. Their name is available on request by writing to the Promoter at the address below with “TK Maxx Be in our Ad Competition Independent Judge” in the subject line of your letter to be received within two months of the end of the Promotion Period. All valid entries received will be judged based on the following criteria within 15 working days of the Promotion Period:
- The entrant must be quirky, playful, adventurous and stylish;
- Possess a unique, stand out look; and
- Self-confident, have energy about them, be fun, engaging and willing to get involved.
At least 25 entries (“Shortlisted Entrants”) that are deemed by the judges to most closely comply with the above criteria will be contacted via phone or email by the Promoter to invite them to attend Stage 2 in London. Shortlisted Entrants must respond within 3 days from notification otherwise entrants will be disqualified from the competition and reserves will be selected in the same manner.
Stage 2: -Shortlisted Entrants will be invited to London for a final casting day between 19th – 21st June 2014 (dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Promoter). The casting will include answering questions about your personality and style in front of a camera. Further details will be communicated to Shortlisted Entrants. Travel and other costs are not included, except for those residents outside of the M25, where reasonable travel costs will be reimbursed.
At least 6 of the Shortlisted Entrants will be selected as the winners and notified within 3 working days of the final casting ending.
- Stage 1: All valid entries received in Stage 1 will be judged by a panel of judges containing at least one member who is independent from the Promoter. Their name is available on request by writing to the Promoter at the address below with “TK Maxx Be in our Ad Competition Independent Judge” in the subject line of your letter to be received within two months of the end of the Promotion Period. All valid entries received will be judged based on the following criteria within 15 working days of the Promotion Period:
We will reject (without judging) entry videos which, in our reasonable opinion:
- Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by us or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- Defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners); or
- Promotes any political agenda.
Further Prize Details:
- You may be required to provide proof of age and identity and any documentation as reasonably required to validate their eligibility to claim the prize;
- You are responsible for the behavior of yourself whilst accepting the prize and expected to comply with any relevant terms and conditions. Failure to comply with these terms may result in you being asked to leave; and
- Winners under the age of the 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 21.
Flight and Airline Details
- Flights will depart from the winners local international airport only;
- Tickets are non-refundable or non-transferable;
- All applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges shall be paid by the Promoter;
- The winner must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage;
- Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights and dates shown;
- If a booking is cancelled, no alternative tickets will be issued;
- Lounge passes and upgrades are not permitted;
- All winners travelling must have a valid passport including any applicable visa and health requirements for travel with a minimum of 6 months validity beyond the return date;
- Transfers to and from the winners local international airport are not included;
- Comprehensive travel insurance is included in the prize for winners (and guardians if appropriate) aged up to and including 73 years of age; It is the responsibility of the winner and/or their guardian to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their guardian are aged 74 or over. This will be the prize winner’s responsibility and proof of insurance will be required prior to departure;
- Flight extras are not included in the prize (flight extras include, but are not limited to, on-board meals and drinks); and
- Any costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize pursuant to these Terms and Conditions including without limitation, travel to and from airports, excess baggage, car parking charges, excursions, attractions will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- A single room with breakfast will be provided for the duration of the film shoot. Twin room for those aged under 18; and
- The Winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winners hereby grant the Promoter the right to use their image, photos and videos (including entry and casting materials)(“Materials”). The winners agree: (i) that such printed and digital Materials may be used on the Promoter’s websites, social media channels, in the Promoter’s stores and for the Promoter’s advertisement purposes; and (ii) that they will sign the Promoter’s release form in respect of the above as a condition of accepting the prize.
- Invalid Entries: Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, and that Facebook has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable to the winners for any loss or damage whatsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the prize draw and prize.
- The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received registrations or winner notifications.
- In the event of any dispute our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason the Promotion or the prize is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), we reserve the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond our reasonable control and which prevents us from complying with these Terms or operating the Promotion as originally intended, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform, run or delay in performing its obligations.
- The name and region of the winners will be available by sending an email to (email) quoting “TK Maxx Be in our ad Competition” in the subject heading for two months after the Promotion Period.
- These Terms and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter: TJX UK, 50 Clarendon Rd, Watford, WD17 1TX
Win Free Delivery for a Year Competition
- This Promotion isopen to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 and over, excluding employees, directors and agents of TJX Limited, their group companies, their family members, or anyone else connected with this Promotion.
- Promotional Period: The Promotion runs from 00.01am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) 17th December 2014 until 17:00pm GMT on 19th December 2014
- Purchase is necessary to enter. Internet access is required.
- To Enter: Visit www.tkmaxx.com, complete your on-line purchase (on-line order) and you will be entered into the draw.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Prizes: 25 x 12 months free unlimited standard delivery for any on-line purchase on www.tkmaxx.com
- Winners will receive their prizes within 28 days after winners’ confirmation and acceptance of their prizes.
- The prizes carry no cash value, are non-transferable and non-refundable. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- Winners’ Selection: For your total confidence, winners will be selected randomly, after the closing date, in a draw from all valid entries received within 10 working days by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service.
- Winners’ notification: Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone within 7 working days after the draw. Those not contactable via reasonable means (after reasonable efforts) within 7 working days after initial notification may be disqualified and an alternative winning entrant may be awarded the prize on the same basis as described above.
- Bulk entries made from consumer groups will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries or entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using different entry methods in order to increase participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Promotion.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
- Winners' names and counties may be obtained by emailing Customer Services at email@example.com within 6 weeks after 25th January 2015.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or incomplete or cannot be entered.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the prizes.
- By entering the Promotion you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- This Promotion will be governed by laws of England and the jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
Promoter: TJX Limited, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX.