About tk maxx
Curious? Want to know more?
Watch & read for top TK Maxx tips & insider knowledge.
Meet Deborah who has worked for TK Maxx since the first store opened in 1994. Here she explains the hows, the whys and the hard work that makes TK Maxx so exciting and fun to shop. Let the treasure hunt begin.
Shopping SecretsFollow our top tips to get the most out of your visit to TK Maxx.
How we do itHere's a quick summary of how TK Maxx works.
"Integrity is at the heart of how we operate our business and above all we value the trust of our customers.
We believe passionately in honesty and strive every day to deliver true value to our customers.”
TK Maxx Fast Facts
- Merchandise in our stores
- · The large majority of product we sell is brand name merchandise sold at up to 60% less than prices at traditional department or high street retailers or on Recommended Retail Prices (RRPs). As well as selling big names and designer labels, we also have top high street brands, up and coming labels, stylish fashion and one-off gems.
- · For us, value is a combination of fashion, brand, quality and price.
- · TK Maxx sells millions of items from thousands of vendors every year. Each of our stores stocks as many as 50,000 items and weekly deliveries of 10,000 new and different products are common.
- · TK Maxx is an off-price retailer, not an outlet store. An outlet store typically sells merchandise from a single manufacturer. We are different; we work with thousands of vendors around the world.
- · Brand owners often produce several lines from couture to diffusion, in order to meet the needs of customers. A valuable asset of any brand that TK Maxx buys from is its name, which the brand owner applies to goods befitting that brand.
- · Sometimes our buyers select an item for its outstanding quality such as Polish glass, French ceramics or Italian leather.
· A small fraction of the products we sell are in-house labels to supplement our offerings or fill gaps in certain merchandise assortments. We believe these quality products represent outstanding value for our customers.
- How we show value to our shoppers
- · We use Recommended Retail Prices (RRPs) as a reference price on our ticket to provide our shoppers with meaningful information to assess value. Our RRPs are independently obtained from brand owners and our suppliers, who must provide evidence of the RRP.
- · We work closely with Trading Standards to validate our policies and processes. We have established internal procedures regarding RRP accuracy and we regularly monitor these.
- · We run a lean operation and whilst we won't compromise on our customers' comfort - we love our bright, modern stores - we're also unashamedly no-frills and this helps to keep our prices down.
· The majority of our stock is fashionable and we buy opportunistically, so we are confident that you will find fashionable, current season merchandise at amazing values. We also sell a small percentage of past-season merchandise, offering exciting brands at amazing prices on products that are typically less fashion-sensitive and often seasonal, like winter gloves, for example.
- When it's gone, it's gone
- · If you've shopped our stores, you know that our stock changes all the time and bargains don't stay on our shelves for long.
- · We don't tend to reorder individual items and our stock rooms in stores do not hold replenishment stock.
· So when we say 'when it's gone, it's gone,' we really mean it!
- Always up to 60% less
- · Our buyers love a bargain as much as our shoppers, and we have hundreds of buyers working with thousands of vendors worldwide to bring amazing values to our customers.
· Items in our stores and online are 'up to 60% less,', so come in soon and let the treasure hunt begin!
It's time to clear out your wardrobe and make room in your drawers – it's the perfect excuse for an early spring clean. We're looking forward to another successful year give up clothes for good.
With your support we can help our main charity partners Cancer Research UK and Enable Ireland carry on their very important job to beat kids' cancers sooner and take action for children with disabilities.
Waking up to the smell of fresh, aromatic coffee, what could be better? Knowing the coffee gives back to the communities that grow it.
Our Ugandan Sustainable Trade programme is helping farmers and craftspeople in 12 communities increase their incomes and build better lives.
Available from TK Maxx stores, so pop in soon and buy Ugandan Coffee and help change lives. Whilst you're at it, make sure you also take a look at our other gorgeous range of bespoke, sustainable products handmade by local communities in Uganda available exclusively at TK Maxx.