WHAT KIND OF SHOPPER ARE YOU?
Recession spawns new species of shopper
Primal instincts are running wild on the high street as female Brits take on a new, animalistic approach to shopping.
With traits closely resembling how animals hunt their prey in the wild, new research TK Maxx, reveals the recession has bred a new species of female shoppers The Hunter-Gatheristas
In the current economic climate, shopping is fast becoming a survival of the fittest – nearly a quarter of 18-24 year old women (23 per cent) have confessed to secretly competing with friends as they scramble to stay ahead of the fashion pack and satiate their appetite for a bargain.
Take the quiz below and find out which type of shopper you are
TK Maxx Shopper Personality Quiz
Who do you prefer to go shopping with?
- A - With a partner or friend
- B - On my own
- C - With a group of friends
How do you choose the clothes you buy?
- A - I plan in advance and look at websites and fashion blogs
- B - I don’t follow fashion, I forget my own style
- C - I follow trends and take a look at what celebs have been wearing recently
How would you define your perfect shopping trip?
- A - One where I find some unexpected bargains
- B - One where I buy the item I’ve had my eye on
- C - One where I have a good time with my friends
Do you always get what you set out to buy?
- A - Yes – I plan my trip so that I know where to get it from
- B - No, but I always manage to get something that works for me
- C - No – sometimes I don’t manage to get anything but I spot something that might look good on my friend
When you find an amazing deal or bargain, do you tell your friends?
- A - Yes, but mainly to show off!
- B - No, I keep it a secret in case they try to copy me
- C - Of course – I can’t wait to tell them
When you find an item of clothing you like, how important is a second opinion?
- A - Reasonably, but not the be all and end all
- B - Not at all
- C - Very
How do you feel if you don’t get what you want?
- A – Disappointed
- B - Irritated
- C - Don’t mind if I’ve had a good day
Mostly As - The ‘Hunter Gatherista’
- Plans shopping trips with military precision and detail
- Bargain Hunter – craves the adrenaline and thrill of uncovering a bargain
- Likes foraging for items
- Competitive – wants to come away with the best ‘loot’ and boast to friends
Mostly Bs - The ‘Lone Wolf’
- Woman on a mission – nothing will get in her way when it comes to getting what she’s after
- Independent – doesn’t follow the pack, creates their own style
- Views shopping as a ‘secret mission’ – doesn’t invite friends to make sure she snaps up the best bargains
- Often sly/unwilling to give away details of where they get their purchases
- from to avoid being copied
Mostly Cs - The ‘Pack Hunter’
- Likes to follow trends
- Is after the whole ‘shopping experience’ outing with friends
- Prefers the reassurance of a second opinion from friends than going it alone
- A successful shopping trip is a great day out with friends