How do I return something I bought in store?
If you have bought something in store and you find you don't fall in love with it then you have 14 days to return it for a refund and a further 14 days for an exchange or gift card.
- Make sure the item is in the same condition as when you bought it
- Take your receipt – or a gift receipt. We can't do anything without it.
- If you want a refund and you paid by card, take the card you used to buy it as we can refund to that card only. The normal 14 day refund policy applies.
- A gift receipt entitles you to an exchange or a gift card to the value of the item. For a refund we need the original purchase receipt, and if appropriate the original card used to purchase the item.
- For hygiene and safety reasons we do not refund or exchange on food, cosmetics or hosiery if the pack has been opened, any earrings, or underwear and swimwear. We may make exceptions if the garment has a protective strip or we believe you have tried it on over your own clothing. Bras bought as separates can be returned.
- TK Maxx items cannot be returned to HomeSense stores and must be returned to TK Maxx stores only.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
How do I return something I bought online?
If you have bought something online which wasn't quite what you wanted then we give you 28 days to return it for a refund to allow for postage delays. You need to make sure the item is in the same condition as when you received it and to bear in mind we do not refund or exchange on food, cosmetics or hosiery if the pack has been opened, any earrings, or underwear and swimwear.
We may make exceptions if the garment has a protective strip or we believe you have tried it on over your own clothing. Bras bought as separates can be returned. There are two ways to return an online purchase – by post or in store.
Returning in store - FREE
This is the quickest and easiest way to return something (and it's free).
Take your despatch note with you. We can't deal with your return in store without it.
If you want a refund and you paid by card, take the card you used to buy it as we can refund to that card only. If you paid by eVoucher you will receive store credit or a gift card.
TK Maxx items cannot be returned to HomeSense stores and must be returned to TK Maxx stores only.
Returning by post
Complete the returns form on your despatch note and put it in with the item. If you no longer have the despatch note, put the following information on a piece of paper and put it in with the item:
- Name, Billing address and a contact telephone number
- Email address (the one you use to log on to your account with TK Maxx)
- Order number (you can get this by logging on to your account)
- Description of the product
- Reason for return using the following codes:
- Arrived too late
- Unwanted gift
- Doesn't fit
Repack the item as securely as possible and send it to:
TK MAXX Returns
Hams Hall National Distribution Park
Returns sent by post are at your own cost. Make sure you obtain a free stamped Proof of Postage from the Post Office as we are not responsible for items that are lost in transit or damaged on their way back to us.
Your refund will normally be processed within 5 working days of receiving your return but it may take slightly longer to appear on your bank statement. We will refund the cost of the item, but not the postage unless the item was found to be faulty. This does not affect your normal legal rights.
Exchanging an item you bought online
We're sorry but we can't offer an exchange as part of our Returns process for items purchased online.
If you are returning something and need the same product in a different size or colour, or simply a replacement product you need to place a new order online for the item you require. Your new order will be sent to you directly and we will process your return according to our returns policy as soon as we receive it.
If you are taking advantage of our free returns to store, you can always use the credit from the item you are returning to buy other items directly in store.
What if something is faulty or not as it was described online?
If something you buy turns out to be faulty we recommend you take it back to store if possible so we can review the item and assess the fault. If you need to post it to us, we recommend you contact our Customer Service team on 01923 473561 to discuss the best way to proceed.
If the item is faulty we will give you a refund or exchange the item if possible. Any postage charges you may have paid will be refunded. If the item is not faulty but has suffered from excessive wear and tear, misuse or malicious damage we will discuss this with you. We will not be able to offer a refund but in some cases may offer store credit. If we can offer neither a refund nor store credit, we will explain why we cannot accept the return.