Last updated: 14th August 2015
This Policy is the most up to date statement of our policy on privacy and cookies and takes precedence over any other statement on this site or in store. We will always indicate at the top of the Policy when it was last updated.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Policy or about the security of your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
When do we collect personal information?
- When you use our website to view or buy products, e vouchers or gift cards
- When you go into our stores and are captured on the CCTV which we use for the purposes of health and safety for the prevention and detection of crime
- When you buy products in our stores
- When you return something
- When you apply for a job
- When you enter a promotion or competition
- When you take part in customer research
- When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint or respond to a message that we send to you
- When you agree to go on our mailing list
- When you contribute content about yourself to our website, whether by direct upload, posting such content to one of our social media pages or by using a hashtag or other identifier that we use to integrate social media content with our website
If you are 16 or under you may browse our website but you may not register with us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 16 and all our promotions have a minimum age of at least 16. Our stores may ask for proof of age if an item with an age restriction is purchased and it is unclear to the associate that you are over the applicable age.
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
The sort of information we collect depends on what you need us to do for you, or how much information we need to identify who you are and resolve your query. This may include:
- Your name and address so we can make sure an online order reaches you.
- Your email address so we can set up an online account for you, send you important information relating to your order and send you marketing emails if you ask us to (click here to see how you can request marketing emails or ask us not to send them).
- Your card details so we can take payment or make a refund whether online or in store (click here to see how we protect financial information).
- Your telephone number so we can contact you if there is a problem with delivery.
- Your signature and other appropriate information when you bring a return to our store to acknowledge receipt of the refund and help us guard against theft and fraud.
- Other personal details such as date of birth, gender and shopping habits appropriate to a specific promotion or competition.
- Footage of you that is captured on CCTV when you are on our premises. We use CCTV for the purposes of health and safety and for the prevention and detection of crime.
- Your contact details if you enter a competition. Your signature and other appropriate information when you bring a return to our store to acknowledge receipt of the refund and help us guard against theft and fraud.
- Your name, contact details and card details upon purchase of a product online to validate this information against third party databases for purposes of fraud prevention.
- Your image and any personal information that you include in content that you contribute to the website (such as comments, photos and videos) as well as the name of the social media account from which you contribute that information. We use this information to display your content on the website and on our social media pages and to contact you about using your content other than on the website. We may from time to time, include this information in our adverts and other marketing campaigns but will obtain your consent before doing so.
In addition we might use the personal information you provide for our internal purposes, for example, website administration, analysis, reporting and compliance purposes or to improve merchandise selections, enhance customer service or invite you to get involved in customer research.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical security safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on our website, in our stores and through other means. However, we cannot guaranty the effectiveness of these safeguards, and nothing in this notice shall be construed as an express or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
How can you get access to any information we have about you?
You may request a copy of the personal information held about you, and you have the right to have any inaccuracies on record about you corrected. TJX charges £10 for UK requests and will require you to prove your identity before providing any data. Send any requests for access, or queries regarding access, to the Data Protection Officer, TJX Europe, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing list - getting on and getting off!
When you shop in our stores, interact with us online, receive an email or text message from us, place an order or enter a competition you will get the opportunity to subscribe to our mailing list. You may receive such information in person, online, by email or by text message. To subscribe, simply follow the instructions provided.
If you no longer wish to receive our emails there are several ways you can unsubscribe:
- Click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of every TK Maxx and HomeSense marketing communication you receive and follow the instructions provided.
- Contact Us and we will remove you from our list. Click here for contact details.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
What are cookies?
Why are they used?
Where can I find out more information about cookies?
How do we protect your information when you apply for a job?
When applying for a job online with TJX you can submit your CV and other relevant personal information on our website. We will ask you to register your details by providing an email address and password. Any information you provide is maintained in a database which is managed on our behalf by a service provider in the US. They are authorised to use the information only in connection with hosting, managing and maintaining our CV database and they can process your data only in accordance with our instructions. We use the information you submit to process your application.
If you apply for a job by submitting an application form to our stores or by post, we will retain it securely for a limited period relevant to the vacancies available.